Prom purse essentials
Written by: Asha McCarty
Because Saturday night prevails as one of the most anticipated nights of the year, you’ll want to make sure you will be prepared to the max. Looking your best all night and feeling as comfortable as possible are essential to having a good time at prom; so here is your go-to prom purse checklist.
- An extra pair of comfortable shoes — after a few hours of dancing and jumping around with your friends, you’ll likely feel a bit worn out. Keep some spare flats or sandals in your car so that when you’re feeling sore you can go and grab them.
- Chapstick/Lip gloss — something you should keep with you at any time, but be sure to keep your lips moisturized so they don’t become cracked and dry to distract from how flawless you look.
- Any other makeup — you want to look your absolute best all night, so grab a few other makeup necessities such as loose powder, mascara, or a bit of concealer. For extra convenience, it’s best if you supply yourself with a pocket mirror to apply these.
- Some cash — for afterwards, when you’re craving a snack, you can stop by a convenience store or drive-thru to satisfy your hunger. This money could also be used for paying for a cab.
- Bobby pins — this is an absolute must for anyone who will have their hair styled in an updo. After hours of running around and dancing, your hair will display some loose strands that will need to be pinned back into place.
- Band-aids — if your fancy shoes start to give you blisters or cut you a little bit, slap on a band-aid to prevent further pain.
- Safety pins — in case your dress or suit needs saving, bring out the pins to pinch the fabric back in place.
- A travel-sized deodorant — pick up a mini deodorant at any drugstore so you can stay fresh all night long.
These prom essentials will guarantee you a hassle-free and enjoyable time on one of the most special days in one’s life. Have a great time at prom, NPHS.